Sage Smudge Stick
Our sage smudge sticks and Wild Californian white sage that is used to cleanse a space, clearing negative energies. This is an ancient Shamanic ritual that has become a popular method for cleansing, right across the world.
Our sage is sourced from California where it is sustainably harvested by first-nation people. We love the work they’re doing as much as the beautiful sage they produce.
How to Perform a Sage Cleansing:
1. Purchase a sage smudge stick and find a bowl to hold it over (traditionally, abalone shell is used).
2. Open every door and window in your house for a good airflow.
3. Light the smudge stick and when it catches fire, blow it out and allow the embers to start to smoke. If you've ever had incense before then you'd do it exactly like that.
4. Set your intention for each room. Say a prayer of cleansing of your choice. I recommend you create your own cleansing saying. Some people tend to say "Earth, air, fire, water" and then finish with their intention.
5. Walk around each room in your house waving the sage stick so its smoke drifts into corners, along walls, around windows, and along ceiling lines. As you do this, imagine the smoke absorbing negativity, problems from those who were in the space before you, toxicity, and anything else you want to go away. See the smoke disappearing and floating out the windows, and imagine that bad energy flowing out of your space, making room for positive, fresh energy.
6. After you’ve smudged every room, give yourself a sage shower. You can do this by cupping your hands over the smoke and wash your face with it, then wave it all over and around your body.
7. Extinguish the stick by patting the sage down into your bowl or shell. If your smudge is finished, you can bury it in your back yard.
This should clear away all of the negativity and bad vibes in your house and yourself, and leave you with a fully cleansed house, and body.